Jumat, 14 Februari 2014

CONTOH SOAL ELLIPTICAL CONSTRUCTION



A.    Choose one of the correct answer by crossing a, b, c or d!
1.      Nada didn’t study last night. I didn’t study last night.
Nada didn’t study last night, and ……..
a.      Neither did I
b.      I did either
c.       So did I
d.      So did I
2.      Faris was at home last night. His mom was at home.
Faris was at home, and……
a.       Neither was his mom
b.      His mom wasn’t too
c.       His mom wasn’t either
d.      His mom was too
3.      Krakatau Steel is located in Cilegon. KratakatauPosco is located in Cilegon
Krakatasu Steel is located in Cilegon, and ……
a.      So is Krakatau Posco
b.      Krakatau posco isn’t either
c.       Neither is Krakatau Posco
d.      Neither isn’t Krakatau Posco
4.      Mrs. Citra is really kind. Mrs. Rulin is really kind.
Mrs. Citra is really kind, and ……….
a.       Neither is Mrs. Rulin
b.      Mrs. Rulin isn’t either
c.       So is Mrs. Rulin
d.      Mrs. Rulin isn’t too
5.      Whales are mammals. Porpoises are mammals.
Whales are mammals, and ………
a.      So are porpoises
b.      Neither are porpoises
c.       Porpoises aren’t either
d.      Porpoises aren’t too

6.      Naura has a pet. Alif has a pet.
Naura has a pet, and ……
a.      So does Alif
b.      Naura doesn’t too
c.       Neither does Alif
d.      Alif doesn’t either
7.      Mahmud has a mustache. Mr. Nadjib has a mustache.
Mahmud has a mustache, and …… 
a.       Neither does Mr. Nadjib
b.      Mr. Nadjib does too
c.       Mr. Nadjib doesn’t either
d.      Mr. Nadjib doesn’t too
8.      Paul Walker has passed away. Uje has passed away.
Paul Walker has passed away, and ……
a.       So has Paul Walker
b.      Neither has Uje
c.       Uje hasn’t either
d.      Uje has too
9.      Farhat Abbas will go boxing. Al and El will go boxing.
Farhat Abbas will go boxing, and ……
a.       Neither will Al and El
b.      Al and El will too
c.       Al and El won’t either
d.      So will Farhat Abbas
10.  My sister bought a new motorcycle. My neighbour bought a new motorcycle.
My sister bought a new motorcycle, and ………
a.      So did my neighbor
b.      Neither did my neighbor
c.       My neighbour didn’t either
d.      My neighbour didn’t too
11.  My brother can type many words fast. I can type many words fast.
My brother can type many words fast, and …….
a.       Neither can I
b.      I can’t either
c.       I can too
d.      So can’t I
12.  Izzati doesn’t like Indonesian horror movies. I don’t like Indonesian horror movies.
Izzati doesn’t like Indonesian horror movies, and …….
a.       So do I
b.      I do too
c.       I do either
d.      Neither do I

13.  Ali can’t speak Dutch. I can’t speak Dutch.
Ali can’t speak Dutch, and ……
a.       I can’t neither
b.      I can’t either
c.       So Can I
d.      I can too
14.  Siraj hasn’t seen “Thor” new movie. Fahmi hasn’t seen “Thor” new movie.
Siraj hasn’t seen “Thor” new movie, and ……
a.      Fahmi hasn’t either
b.      So has Fahmi
c.       Neither hasn’t Fahmi
d.      Fahmi has too
15.  Syifa won’t join us for dinner tonight. Divya won’t join us for dinner tonight.
Syifa won’t join us for dinner tonight, and …….
a.       So will Divya
b.      Divya won’t too
c.       Neither will Divya
d.      Divya will either
16.  AnangUbay wasn’t in class yesterday. AshantyUbay wasn’t in class yesterday.
AnangUbay wasn’t in class yesterday, and …….
a.       Neither wasn’t AshantyUbay
b.      AshantyUbay was too
c.       So was AshantyUbay
d.      AshantyUbay wasn’t either
17.  You’ve never been in France. I’ve never been in France.
You’ve never been in France, and …….
a.       So have I
b.      Neither have I
c.       I have too
d.      I have either
18.  Hansel has never killed 100 witches. Gretel has never killed 100 witches.
Hansel has never killed 100 witches, and …….
a.       So hasn’t Gretel
b.      Gretel hasn’t either
c.       Gretel hasn’t too
d.      Neither hasn’t Gretel

19.  She isn’t married yet. I’m not married yet.
She isn’t married yet, and …….
a.      Neither am I
b.      So am I
c.       I am either
d.      I am too
20.  I can’t speak Hungarian. You can’t speak Hungarian
I can’t speak Hungarian, and …….
a.       So can I
b.      I can too
c.       Neither can I
d.      I can either
B. ESSAY
1. Luna likes jogging. Silvie likes jogging.
>> Luna likes jogging and so does silvie.
2. My mother won’t attend the party. My aunt won’t attend the party.
>>My mother won’t attend the party and neither will my aunt.
3. Bonny doesn’t have a robot. Harry doesn’t have a robot.
>>Bonny doesn’t have a robot and Harry doesn’t either.
http://oscar17.wordpress.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gif?m=1207340914g4. Dirly isn’t happy. We aren’t happy.
>>Dirly isn’t happy and neither are we.
5. They don’t go to Bali. We don’t go to Bali.
>>They don’t go to Bali and we don’t either.
6. He doesn’t study in SMP Merah Putih. His brothers don’t study in SMP Merah Putih.
>>He doesn’t study in SMP Merah Putih and his brothers don’t either.
7. I’m not fat. My sister’s not fat.
>>I’m not fat and neither is my sister.
8. They play football well. We play football well.
>> They play football well and so do we.
9. The cows don’t eat meat. The goats don’t eat meat.
>>The goats don’t eat meat and the goats don’t either.
10. Maya doesn’t like jogging. Litha doesn’t like joging.
>>Maya doesn’t like jogging and neither does Litha.
11.  Elia is a nurse. I am a nurse.
>> Elia is a nurse and so am I.
12. Shanti isn’t beautiful. Devi isn’t beautiful.
>>Shanti isn’t beautiful and neither is Devi.
13. Hoho has a big dog. I have a big dog.
>> Hoho has a big dog and so do I.
14. Dewi is happy. We are happy.
>> Dewi is happy and so are we.
15.  The boy can’t swim. I can’t swim.
>>The boy can’t swim and I can’t either.

Sources :

4 komentar:

  1. nomer 17 yang benar seharusnya c.neither have I
    nomer 20 yang benar seharusnya c.neither can I
    thanks :)

    BalasHapus
  2. ATAU
    17. i haven't either
    20. i can't either

    BalasHapus
  3. rasanya aku dulu yg membuat soal ini...ahahahaha...ternyata..ya sudahlah tak papa pun..

    BalasHapus